Thursday, September 29, 2005

Pictures 2

hey guys -- so I never took my camera anywhere in BCN (Barcelona) because I would always start at the beach and then wonder. By far the best pics are of Guadi's work there. I may or may not return for a day or two on my way between one place or another but in the meantime here are some works that I saw in BCN but didn't photo -- taken by my friend Mike Peth who lives there.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelpeth/album?.dir=845a&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelpeth/my_photos

here is his gaudi album.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Willis said...

Michael has a good eye for the "cinematic detail" of Gaudi's work. I've never seen it (and I have always wanted to), and this gives me a good peek.

The buildings seem almost like sculpture. Very organic and flowing. Totally unique, wouldn't you say.

The furniture pieces seem very experimental, and some of them are fabulous. I liked, also, how some of the themes (like the ripples) appear in the piece and in the surrounding decor -- plaster ripples on the ceiling echoing the ripples on the chandelier ... that sort of thing.

Thanks for sharing. BTW, there's a site that converts really long URLs like this to shorter ones. See www.tinyurl.com.

10/01/2005 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home