Friday, October 21, 2005

The Big Day

Well family I had an amazing day. I went skydiving today with Skydive Interlaken and a better group of guys is hard to imagine. It was an amazing experience to be up 4000 meters and then Free Fall out of a Helicopter for 45 seconds. I had a simply amazing time. I went with a few Aggies from Texas A&M and a Swiss fellow on holiday, and they had a blast as well. It is crazy to float like that. The scenery was beautiful and as I was digesting my first trip a few of the guys asked what else I had planned to Celebrate, half-jokingly I said go again. A small discount later I was on the road up to the heli-pad. A Swiss girl and I both Tandem jumped for my second time today and it was a much more down to earth experience. All the cares of the world float away as you fall at something near 100 mph (just my guess on the speed). It was honestly a great day. I feel amazing, and am fast on the way to becoming a skydiving addict. At least its a healthy addiction (at least more so then liqour or drugs!) that I find myself in the clutches of! Well not to much else to say, Its about time to go have a beer and relax, Let the day wash over me. I had a blast guys, probably my best birthday yet. I love you all and wish I could be arround friends and family, I can't wait for Thanksgiving. Have a great day in honor of me and enjoy life, remember its a beautiful day here on earth. Love you all.

Tyler

3 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Willis said...

Cool stuff. I'm glad you landed safely. (Granddad: "Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.")

I've never skydived. (Skydove?) I was invited once when I was 32, and I remember thinking how irresponsible it'd be if I Bought The Farm and left the kids w/o a breadwinner. Plus, I was chicken. So, the others (the startup gang at Hyatt Legal Services) went on without me.

Now that my family responsibilities are a LOT less, maybe it's time to reconsider it, esp. if Mom goes. After all, if George Bush (Sr) can do it for his 80th birthday, I should be able to safely fly and land at this age, no?

Maybe we can get Mom, you, me and maybe Molly to go. Caleb could stay in the plane and picture, like this:

http://tinyurl.com/9eoyh


Anyway, I'm glad you had a great birthday.

10/22/2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger Tyler Willis said...

since im going to be going after an AFF license I would love to do it. I will work out the specifics with you in email. it may require a bit of training on your part, not exactly a marathon but there are nice things to have. I felt how out of shape I was on the way down. Ya'll would have to do it Tandem with an instructor and I could probably go solo by the time we did it. let me know if your serious and ill work out the details

love
Tyler

10/22/2005 2:33 PM  
Blogger Tyler Willis said...

that said, the solo school is about 1 grand per person and takes 25 jumps before you can go unsupervised. I kinda doubt that you and mom and molly wanna shell that out. maybe molly lol

or you could wait till i get 500 jumps and i could take you out as Tandem Master Tyler

We could also do a tandem program like i did here, we lose the great photo opps tho.

love
Tyler

10/22/2005 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home