Sunday, July 24, 2005

Check it out!

Well I've "discovered" a new artist I like a bunch. For all my friends/male relatives, be prepared to call me a sissy...

Anna Nalick

I say "discovered" because she is being promoted fairly heavily as this is her first CD after being signed to Columbia Records in 2003. She's at least to my ears a very unique sounds -- Think Emo-Pop. Check her out if you like that stuff... I think she's great.

Breathe (2 AM) is the single and is stunning, despite being only middle-grade song in my opinion. Check out "Forever Love" "Catalyst" "Consider This" and the Albums namesake "Wreck of the Day"

The Video for Breathe is worth seeing if you get a chance. There is some stunning visual artwork right after the third verse (about 3:10 min) where she has just finished singing a verse requiring alot of breath and you can visably see the emotion drain out of her and the resulting release on her face... It is probably the best Cinematography I've seen involving a person in a music video... ever. Kinda reminds me of that scene in almost famous where the camera just captures Kate Hudsen's reactions for a long time, kinda.

I'm done plugging, for more info: Http://www.annanalick.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home