Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Welcome to the Dirty Waffle!





Well I have arrived in San Diego (Sandy Eggo, yea yea bad joke),

Vince and I drove all night Sunday to arrive here about 10am. Despite Molly's directions and confusing instructions we broke in and crashed on the couch. after 3-4 hours of sleep I awoke to a phone call from Nat, and was surprised to see my sister here. We all went for a walk and decided to try surfing. It was tons of fun - I haven't gone in like 4 years and boy did I show it. I caught two waves but didn't pop up at all. I also got caught inside and my right eardrum is killing me from all the saltwater pounding into it, made sleep a little uncomfortable, o well! Vince tried to go out and it was rediculously funny - He tried to turtle roll under a wave and got thrown about 10 feet, and then a second wave threw the board into his head. I was quite nervous about begining my trip but I'm starting to calm down and I think I'm ready to make it, At least mentally. I talked with Mr. Navvarro to figure out the meeting place in Spain. This trip is shaping up to be something that will change my life, I made the goal of surfing in the phillipines. I don't have much else to share, I plan to head down to Denver on Fri, I need to pickup the Travel Pace. I need a haircut badly so I'm heading out. I'll leave you with a couple pictures of my gear, you can see the full set on my flickr acct. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tylerwillis/)

my gear and my hackey sack

My Luggage and... iPod!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home